LLC Kutaisi University hosts a two-day working meeting under EU CURE project
On March, 9-10 in the framework of EU CURE project a two-day working meeting at the national level was held at Kutaisi University. The meeting was attended by representatives of all the Georgian members of the consortium:
- Ilia State University
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi Stete University
- LLC “Kutaisi University”
- Samtskhe-Javakheti State University
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- Civil Development Institute
CURE is an international cooperation project in the field of teaching and learning under Erasmus+ programme, which is coordinated by Gordon Academic College of Education, (Haifa, Israel). The working meeting in Kutaisi on 9-10 March was organized by Ilia State University, CURE project coordinating institution in Georgia.
The main objective of the project is to construct and develop a Multi-Dimensional Program that promotes curricular reform for democratic principles and civic education in Higher Educational Teacher-Training Institutions or Faculties/Departments in Israel and in Georgia. This can be done in the following way: developing new courses, organizing faculty training seminars and student leadership workshops, implementing student activities, establishing civic education clubs / centres in CURE partner universities and colleges.
The meetings in Kutaisi aimed to:
- prepare for the second Consortium coordinating meeting to be held in Israel (Haifa) between the dates of March 20 to 23, 2017;
- prepare the syllabus and themes for the first pilot course “Civic Education and Democracy in Georgia: Challenges and Ways of Development”;
- discuss three-year action plan for dissemination of project information (the plan was presented by Samtskhe-Javakheti State University);
- analyze in detail organizational and financial aspects of the project.
The meetings were conducted in the format of in-depth discussions and debates. These interesting sessions resulted in constructive decisions that will be beneficial for the project.